CMSgt Grange Coffin is the Combined Force Space Component Command Senior Enlisted Leader, U.S. Space Command, U.S. Space Force, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif. In this role, Chief Coffin advises the CFSCC commander on matters influencing the health, welfare, morale and effective utilization of more than 17,000 joint and combined professionals with a mission to plan, integrate, conduct, and assess global space operations in order to deliver combat relevant space capabilities to Combatant Commanders, Coalition partners, the Joint Force, and the Nation.
Chief Master Sergeant Coffin began his career as a computer, network, cryptographic, and switching systems specialist in 1996. He has worked in a wide range of operational specialties including Combat Communications, Base Network Infrastructure, NATO AWACS Mission Systems, Air Operations Center Data Links, Rivet Joint Support, Air Advisor and First Sergeant. He has deployed numerous times to in support of NATO, USSOUTHCOM and USCENTCOM missions in Europe, South America, Kuwait, Qatar, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Africa. Before serving in his current position, he was the Superintendent, 319th Communications Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
2001 Airman Leadership School, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
2003 Associates Degree in Information Sciences, CCAF
2005 B.S. in Computer Studies, University of Maryland University College
2005 NCO Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2011 CCAF Professional Manager Certification
2011 USAF First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Associates Degree in Human Resource Management, CCAF
2017 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), ISC2
2017 Masters of Business Administration, University of Mary, N.D.
1. Apr 1997 - Mar 1999, Switching Systems Apprentice, 31st CCS, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2. Mar 1999 – Mar 2002, Network Infrastructure Craftsman, 3 CS, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
3. Mar 2002 – Mar 2005, AWACS Mission Systems Craftsman, Geilenkirchen NATO AB, Germany
4. Mar 2005 – May 2007, NCOIC, CAOC Data Links, 612 ACOMS, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
5. May 2007 – May 2008, NCOIC, CAOC Data Links, Al-Udeid AB, Qatar
6. Sep 2008 – Sep 2011, Cyberspace Production Superintendent, 488 IS & 95th RS, RAF Mildenhall, U.K.
7. Jun 2010 – Dec 2013, First Sergeant, 25th Intelligence Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
8. Dec 2013 – Dec 2014, First Sergeant, NATO Air Training Command-Afghanistan/438th AEW, Afghanistan
9. Apr 2015 – August 2016, Operations Superintendent, 354th Communications Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
10. Aug 2016 – July 2018, Operations Superintendent, 319th Communications Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
11. July 2018 – 31 January 2021, Squadron Superintendent, 319th Communications Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
2001 Academic Achievement and Distinguished Graduate, Airman Leadership School
2003 AFA Pitsenbarger Scholarship Award Recipient (CCAF)
2005 3rd Logistics Wing (NATO) NCO of the Year
2006 Distinguished Graduate Award, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2008 12th Communications & Information Professional of the Year (2E271)
2009 9th AF Communications & Information Professional of the Year (2E271)
2010 55th OG Lance P. Sijan Award Nominee (SNCO)
2010 55th OG SNCO of the Year
2010 Team Mildenhall SNCO of the Year
2012 361st ISRG First Sergeant of the Year
2016 PACAF JINSA Grateful Nation Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 1 March 2020
(Current as of 1 February 2021)