By Staff Report, Air Force Space Command Public Affairs
/ Published February 23, 2011
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. -- Air Force Space Command leadership announced February 18 the command's annual winners for the 2010 AFSPC Public Affairs Communication Excellence and Media Contest Awards.
"I am proud and honored to announce the AFSPC Public Affairs Communication Excellence and Media Awards for 2010," said Col. Dewey Ford, AFSPC Director of Public Affairs. "The high-quality level of entries submitted was a clear demonstration of the outstanding public affairs Airmen we have across Space Command. I send a heartfelt congratulation to all the winners."
Public Affairs Communication Excellence:
- Brigadier General Harry J. Dalton Jr. Award - 30th Space Wing Public Affairs, Vandenberg AFB, Calif. The team consisted of: 1st Lt. Ann Blodzinski; Master Sgts. Christel Perkins, Lori Mills and Norris Agnew; Tech. Sgts. Nicole Ketchen, Benjamin Rojek and Luke Thelen, Staff Sgts. Scottie McCord and Levi Riendeau; Senior Airmen Bryan Boyette, Christopher Hubenthal-Magarian, Stephanie Longoria, Donald Cooper, Cameron Currie, Ashley Reed, Steve Bauer, Andrew Lee, Andrew Satran and Heather Shaw; Airman 1st Class Lael Huss; Jeremy Eggers, Chris Zenor, Kathi Peoples, Janet Jones, Michael Stonecypher, Darrin Hellen, Jan Kays, Denny Laffoon, Carolyn Lander, Steven Heuring, Jerry Clemens and Jennifer Green.
- Maj. Henry H. "Hap" Arnold Award for Public Affairs Communication Effectiveness - 30 SW Public Affairs. The team consisted of: Lieutenant Blodzinski; Senior Airmen Bauer, Antoinette Gibson and Satran; Airman 1st Class Huss; Ms. Peoples, Mr. Stonecypher, Mr. Zenor, Mr. Clemens, Ms. Kays, Ms. Lander and Ms. Green.
- Best Issues Management Award - 30 SW Public Affairs. The team consisted of: Senior Airman Bauer, Ms. Peoples, Ms. Kays and Mr. Stonecypher.
- Best Crisis Communication Award - 30 SW Public Affairs. The team consisted of: Lieutenant Blodzinski; Master Sgts. Agnew and Mills; Tech. Sgt. Thelen; Staff Sgt. Riendeau; Senior Airmen Bauer and Reed; Mr. Eggers, Ms. Peoples, Ms. Kays, Ms. Green, Mr. Stonecypher and Mr. Clemens.
- Best Innovative Program Award - 30 SW Public Affairs. The team consisted of: Lieutenant Blodzinski; Tech. Sgt. Rojek; Senior Airmen Bauer and Satran; Mr. Clemens and Ms. Lander.
- Outstanding Communication Field Grade Officer Award - Maj. Vanessa Hillman, Air Force Space Command Public Affairs, Peterson AFB, Colo.
- Capt. Bradley R. Schuldt Outstanding Communication Company Grade Officer Award - 1st Lt. Karl Wiest, 45th Space Wing, Patrick AFB, Fla.
- Outstanding Communication Senior Grade Civilian Award - Andy Roake, AFSPC Public Affairs
- Outstanding Communication Intermediate Grade Civilian Award - Hien Vu, Space and Missile System Center, El Segundo, Calif.
- Staff Sergeant Christopher S. Frost Outstanding Communication Noncommissioned Officer Award -- Master Sgt. Grace Lamoureux, AFSPC Public Affairs
- Outstanding Communication Noncommissioned Officer Award - Sergeant Rojek, 30 SW
- Outstanding Communication Airman Award - Airman Bauer, 30 SW
AFSPC Public Affairs Media Awards:
- Best News Article - Sergeant Rojek, 30 SW
- Best Feature Article - Staff Sgt. Daniel Martinez, 50th Space Wing, Schriever Air Force Base, Colo.
- Best Sports Article - Airman Bauer, 30 SW
- Best Commentary - Sergeant Rojek, 30 SW
- Best Series - Christopher Calkins, 45 SW
- Best Graphics Illustration - Ms. Kays, 30 SW
- Best Graphics Animation - Ms. Kays, 30 SW
- Best Graphics Layout/Design - Ms. Kays, 30 SW
- Best Website - AFSPC Public Affairs
- Best Photojournalism - Staff Sgt. Katherine McDowell, 460th Space Wing, Buckley AFB, Colo.
- Best Combat Documentation Photograph - Airman Gibson, 30 SW
- Best News Photograph - Airman 1st Class Labbe, 460 SW
- Best Feature Photograph - Airman Lee, 30 SW
- Best Sports Photograph - Staff Sgt. Picariello, 50 SW
- Best Portrait/Personality Photograph - Sergeant McDowell, 460 SW
- Best Illustrative Photography - Jose Hernandez, SMC
- Best Pictorial Photograph - Airman Lee, 30 SW
- Best Picture Story - Airman Satran, 30 SW
- Best Television Spot Production - Krista Knaus, SMC
- Best Television News Report - Ms. Knaus, SMC
- Best Television Feature Report - Peter Anninos, SMC
- Best Television Sports Report - Richard Lewis, SMC
- Best Local Television Newscast - SMC Public Affairs Video Services
- Best Television Newsbreak - Mr. Lewis, SMC
- Best Video Documentary - Ms. Knaus, SMC
- Best Video Field Production - Mr. Lewis, SMC
Public Affairs Categories
- Outstanding New Writer - Airman Hines, 21 Space Wing, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
- Outstanding New Photographer - Airman Labbe, 460 SW
- Air Force Space Command Print Journalist of the Year - Airman Bauer, 30 SW
- Air Force Space Command Photographer of the Year - Airman Lee, 30 SW
- Air Force Space Command Graphic Artist of the Year - Ms. Kays, 30 SW
"I wish all our nominees the best of luck at the Air Force level and thank the supervisors for taking the time to recognize their Airmen," said Colonel Ford.